Monday, March 15, 2010

Summer Camp, Day Camp...What do we do? part 1

so what all do we do at Amigo in the summer? That is a question I get a lot. So I thought I would pull out a couple pictures from last summer showing my answers. Part 1 here I will show some pictures from our rec field. We provide a variety of activities to get campers moving and being active. It also provides opportunity to build relationships with both fellow campers and with counselors. Play builds up trust and trust is key to connecting and sharing with each other.



We try to change up the activities and make them a little different than just what they can play at school. Here we take a wiffle ball and fill full of shaving cream which adds a little more excitement and mess to the game.


And by the end of the day, we are tired and worn out but still have the energy to swap our stories of conquest and defeat. Memories are made, life lessons learned, and friendships built.
grace&peace






No comments: