Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Energy Savers

I came out of my office today and saw this pile of stuff out by the pavilion, so I thought I should investigate.
In this blurry photo, Ross is feeding insulation in and up in the attic Bob is blowing it into the walls. This is a great way to conserve energy, don't use as much to begin with.
Then I looked closer and found out that this insulation is made up of recycled newspaper. In fact, you can still see some of the words in it. Ross told me it was a collection of short, short stories.

I am amazed at all the little things they do around here to be sustainable and aware of the environment. They do them quietly and because they are the right thing to do. While we are not perfect, it is great to be at a place that works to live in harmony with creation.
grace&peace
Jason


No comments: