Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January Senior High Winter Youth Retreat reflections

Another great weekend! At least from my perspective. I saw and heard laughter a lot during the weekend. Maybe some of that was from our worship leader, Jeff Raught, who is a very funny guy. But I found that he was more than just a comedian, he has a sincere and deep desire to share the message of Jesus to everyone and to make us think and embrace it ourselves. He played fast songs slow and slow songs fast. For me, he opened my eyes to see things in a different way, in a way that keeps Jesus at the center, that waits for God instead of forcing my will on things.

It is always good to see young people gather together to focus on God for a weekend. With all of the pain in the world, especially in Haiti but also in our neighborhoods, to work at a place that prepares people through retreat, prayer, worship, recreation and connections with God and creation to address that pain is a privilege. Well now a few pictures from the weekend...




No comments: