Monday, February 1, 2010

Summer Camp

Over the next two weeks, I will be traveling across the country in search of summer staff. I will visit Messiah College, Eastern Mennonite, Bluffton, Goshen, Hesston and Bethel. I look forward to getting out and meeting students. Connecting with other camp staff is a big part of time as well.

It is always amazing how God works to provide the right staff for each summer. Right now, students are starting to think about summer employment and what kinda of experience they will have. For some, the opportunity to work with youth, to be outside, and share about Jesus is just right.

I will hear some comments about needing to make more money which is definitely a valid concern. However, when I start to look at the long term benefits, this experience is great for future teachers, preachers, leaders, supervisors, etc. The youth get to make decisions and shape their community in a way that most don't ever get to see or do.

I will share some other thoughts from the road as I am able to. If you are out at the colleges, stop by, say hi, let me know you read this blog.

grace & peace
jason

No comments: